Like most people who spend a significant amount of time building software, I prefer using a keyboard rather than a mouse whenever possible. It’s faster and more precise.
Some software that I’ve found useful:
- Quicksilver - Launch applications and perform other tasks with the keyboard. For example, to launch Chrome I type “Cmd-Space c”.
- Alfred - Launch applications and perform other tasks with the keyboard. For example, to launch Chrome I type “Cmd-Space c”. (Edit June 19, 2011)
- Divvy - Resize and move windows to predefined positions using the keyboard. For example, to maximize a screen window I type “Cmd-Shift-Space 0”
- Vimium - Chrome plugin to allow keyboard navigation. For example, to choose a link I type “f” and then the two letter code displayed next to the link’s name.
- Cmd-? - This keyboard shortcut opens the application help window, allowing you to type the name of a menu item to select it.
- Custom Shortcuts - It is possible to define custom keyboard via the “Keyboard Shortcuts” tab of the Keyboard Preferences Pane.
Content © 2006-2019 Rusty Klophaus